11/17/2011

An afternoon around Canary Wharf

The mist is quite usual these days. I saw a couple of times before from my window, that it can look interesting while being lit by the lights of the skyscrapers at Canary Wharf. I decided to take some pictures of it last Sunday. I left home early afternoon, hoping to find some other inspiring places on my way. My first etap happened to be the O2 Arena, at least the closest spot to it, on the northern side of the Thames. I even spotted some cormorants sunbathing at the river bank.




















Then I waited for the "night" at Canary Wharf. Later, I took the same road back home, so I could take some more pictures of the arena, this time, in the dark.

3 comments:

  1. wow, that mist really has a beautiful ethereal effect. Especially like the one with the different lights in the tower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Doesn't it. It sort of reminded me the Batman cartoon for some reasons :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes this could definitely be a shot from Batman's Gotham :P

    ReplyDelete