1/30/2010

My first trip to Oslo

Some of you may not agree with me, but in my opinion Oslo is quite a dull city (I am talking about its look) - although it seems they are trying to change this. Comparing even to other Norwegian towns, it does not create a special impression. However there are some places that worth a visit.
/picture: Rådhuset - City Hall/

One of my favourites is Snøhetta's iceberg shaped opera house placed on the fjord's coastline, which's marble clad rooftop creates a large public space and nevertheless inspiring views for a photographer.
























There is a place in the 'Grünerløkka' district, where whole streets are decorated with paintings, graffities and other street art pieces. Near the popular 'Blå' café and club, you can find ocasional market, where the local artist are selling their works.
































You can find classical Norwegian elements,...




















...and some 'shits' as well.


















Ok, maybe it is not so bad after all, how I have described it (and I will post more photos of Oslo), but it probably won't be my favourite city.

No comments:

Post a Comment