5/22/2010

The trip to Tromsø (part 2)

So after two tough days of hitch-hiking, we have finally arrived to Tromsø. Although the weather was terrible and snowing heavily most of the time, I could catch some seconds when it was possible to take some shots.
Here you can see the Arctic Cathedral with the bridge where you get to the island.









Here are some pictures which can give an idea about the situation:

























Some photos of the city:









































































Then Tromsø from the bridge and from the top of the nearby mountain:













 
And for the end of this post... My first photos in my life of Aurora Borealis. It was taken just a few days after the first time I could see her.
I travelled 1600 km from Oslo to Tromsø, hoping to finally see the wonderful lights of the North. I spent there 3 days in March, and although it was totally cloudy those days, last night the clouds opened up for me, so I even got the chance to take a picture of her.
I know these are not the best shots, but they are mine. I took them. And I am very happy to say this :)

2 comments:

  1. Hehe :) Yeah, it is, I have to agree. So have you made up your mind about where are you going? Iceland or Norway?

    ReplyDelete