8/21/2011

Canary Wharf

Last week I had my first trip to Canary Wharf, the business district on the Isle of Dogs, London, which I have mentioned in my previous post for the first time.
For about 6 months, I did not even know about this place. I have seen some tall buildings in the "far" East of London from the Tower Bridge, but they seemed far enough to walk there.
My interest about these buildings has been raised since I have moved to their other side, and they became reachable on foot.
Once, this peninsula in the river Thames gave place to one of the busiest docks is the world. After its decadence, a regeneration of the area started to take place in the 1980s. Nowadays, you can find some of the tallest buildings of the UK.

Last week, I decided to have a few hours break, and so I went to Canary Wharf. I was really surprised how modern, clean and elegant it is. I have found myself in a Jazz Festival, and bumped into David Hasselhoff as well, who was walking around with a rather young blond. The area reminded me to Oslo's Aker brygge, but the tall office buildings made me feel like I was in New York (I have not been to NY, so I just guess it can be something similar).











































/Left: the view towards central London/

Finally, I would like to conduct a survey. I would like to know if you enjoy reading longer texts about my trips/topics, or should I limit my writings to the minimum, and give a higher priority to the pictures? Thanks for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment