9/03/2011

Rain

Last week I had a friend from Hungary visiting me for a few days. One day, we went to see the business district, where we were caught by the rain. At first, a tree gave us shelter, but a few minutes later, we had to look for a bigger, better one. Fortunately, we were at The Gherkin (which I wrote about earlier in my first post, London, Baby!), and derived from its special shape, we did not get wet while we were standing next to it.



As the time was about 5.30pm, many businessmen and businesswomen were on the streets, or were about to leave work. The rain made many of them stay inside or "under" the building, at least for a while, as the rain did not want to stop. Some of them decided to go anyway, so as I had nothing better to do, I took out my camera, and started taking pictures of the poor creatures from the "safe zone".
Just when I started to get better in it, and the light conditions became better too, the rain stopped. I know, these pictures are not so special, but at least I can prove that it is raining occasionally in London, eventhough my pictures do not usually tell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment