2/27/2011

The Year of the Golden Rabbit

It has started almost a month ago already (on 3rd February), and was also celebrated on Trafalgar Square on the following weekend. When I first heard about it, I was quite surprised that it is held here in London as well. Although if we consider London´s connection with China and the number of the Chinese population in the capital (which is over 100,000[1]), it becomes more understandable.
The attendance was high, and it seemed people from other ethnic groups were just as curious as I was, and enjoyed this little piece of Chinese culture brought over here on that day.



According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise.[2]


Unfortunately I did not have enough free time exploring the city in the last few weeks, and take new pictures, so I thought I will post these images I had at least, as I have promised earlier to upload them. Hopefully next week I will come with some freshly taken pictures as I´m planning to have some photo walks.

4 comments:

  1. lovely pictures as per usual :)
    {I checked - I'm not in them. but I was there!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hetty!
    lol, it would have been funny if you had found yourself on one of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey peter, nice picture about Chinese new year in london. Love it. By the way, I was also born in rabbit year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Zhaodong! I guess this is gonna be your year then ;)

    ReplyDelete